My Fluffy Pillows

 

Train Commuters I Just Cannot Stand!

1st Runner Up



The Loudspeaker comes in 3 forms, namely, the ABCs.


Announcer

He has to let the entire cabin know that he is on the line.

His conversation usually goes like this “Hello? Huh? Cannot hear you properly ar, reception not very good. Ya ya reaching ready, now at Bugis ready. Ya, in the train now. Ok. Uh. Bye. ”

If he does not speak English, the volume will be even louder. For example “Hello? Huh? 听不到,听不到, 我在tunnel里面。要到了啦, 在Bugis 了。啊bye bye.”

If he speaks in dialect, he is most probably arguing and swearing at someone.

If he speaks in a foreign tongue, I may not be able to comprehend the essence of his conversation, but volume is a universal language.




Blaster

He is usually alone and has his mp3 player tuned up so high that I suspect he went to zeng the volume device.

He listens to techno, trance or R&B hip hop and you must listen to them loud, if not buay song.

When he is around, the singer’s diction somehow seems clearer as compared to when I listen to them on my own mp3 player.

No, my mp3 player is not lousy you stupid.




Chatter

Yak and yak and yak.

I understand that people tend to talk loudly and are more expressive when they are in groups.
But it jus sucks when you are not in the group and trying to get some sleep.

 

for this post

Leave a Reply