My Fluffy Pillows

 

Train Commuters I Just Cannot Stand!

2rd Runner Up


The Dozer


He sleeps ever so soundly despite being exposed to complete public scrutiny.

He does not feel the least bit vulnerable.

I mean, some people drool, snore, get chocked by their own snores, and open their mouth in an amusing ‘collect rain water angle’ when they are in deep slumber.

And then there are those who bob and sway, and its damn sway to sit beside them.

His shoulders keep hitting you and the screw-loose head comes close to landing atop your shoulders from time to time.

It often starts with infrequent and irregular nods then progress to frequent increasingly aggressively bobs with a final startling drop that will alert him.

The most threatening one tends to stem from the one who is down with sleep-with-mouth-open syndrome. Because when he rocks his head, it disturbs the saliva equilibrium level that has been accumulating. You never know if it reached the maximum holding capacity. And no, you will not want to find out either.

Usually I’ll either administer the tsk-loudly-and-annoyingly-at-him method or employ the I-just-cannot-sit-still-and-have-to-keep-moving-in-my-seat method to nudge him out of my comfort zone.

He has to learn to sleep in a way that not affect the people beside him. Because sometimes he remains oblivious to my 'tsks' and that irks me even more.

 

for this post

Leave a Reply