My Fluffy Pillows

 

Train Commuters I Just Cannot Stand!

Haha. That’s why I am always late when I meet people. Because I will purposely take the eastbound train to Pasir Ris first before heading towards town in attempt to secure myself a seat.

Anyway I’ve been taking the train almost every other day from Tampines to Dover for the past 6 years. So I think I am more or less qualified to rant about irritating commuters on board!

So here goes :P


Consolation Prize (in no particular order)


The Spreader

The spreader is usually male and needs to bring along the entire stack of Straits Times to show cheapo TODAY readers that he is keeping himself abreast with quality news.

He eats into your space at moments when he gingerly flips the pages of the main section while balancing the Home, Life and Classified sections on his lap, atop his leather briefcase.

And yes, there are times when I suspect that his main purpose is not to keep up with daily happenings but rather to air his armpits. That’s why he has to flip the pages ever so deliberately and hold them up at such a wide angle – air circulation.



Mr ‘I Have Big Balls’


In some ways, you can consider him a subset species of The Spreader (mentioned above). As his name suggest, he is bestowed with physical assets (ahem! sparkly family jewels) that are LARGER THAN LIFE and is unable to self-contain them on his own.

He is not only a hindrance to those sitting beside him but to those standing around him as well because you just cannot help but look at him down there and go “TSK!”.

That will make him more conceited because he knows he is getting the attention and feel fuller about himself. If you know what I mean. Yucks!



The Powerhouse


Mini system + huge woofer + lousy sound card = Baby’s cries

I know that it’s not the baby’s fault that he/she has to wail, but admit it, you’d prefer if it wasn’t there.




More updates on the top three contenders in the following posts :)

 

for this post

Leave a Reply