My Fluffy Pillows

 

Amuse me

We were along One Fullerton and he was trying to take a night shot of the Merlion regurgitating water into the river.

What started off as a light drizzle got heavier and we decided to leave the place.

Then I saw them; hands clasped in front of their chests with their eyes closed and heads slightly bowed. They were praying, to this!


Mini Merlion with his nemesis The Merlion at his back.



Stunned and amused, I went "Faster! Take a photo of them praying! It's a priceless shot!"

Too late, they saw us literally gawking at them with out mouths slightly open and moved off awkwardly from the 'alter'.

All I have to do is kneel down and kowtow to this statue in full view of the afternoon crowd and I won't be surprised to find joss sticks, candles and fruits placed on the ground by some aspiring 'entrepreneur' the next day.

Or they can do the thing whereby you 'bath' the deity with scopes of water scattered with flowers and light water candles.

PS: This post is not meant to show disrespect to religion of any sort. I am just making fun of the family of tourist, who are most probably from Taiwan (according to their accent).

PS again: Is the Merlion male or female? It's quite difficult to, ahem, see :P
Anyway, I am thinking it's asexual, seriously.

 

for this post

Leave a Reply