My Fluffy Pillows

 

Encouragement

I was walking to the Mama shop in the evening to settle this sudden ice-cream craving which hit me just after dinner.

Then I saw three men at the void deck.

Two of them seem to be in their late twenties or early thirties. The other looked younger, probably in his mid or late twenties.

The two older guys were teaching the other one who to ride a bicycle.

Nope, don’t get me wrong; I was not about to laugh at the noob for learning to ride at such a ripe old age.

But rather I kind of admired his courage and determination. I mean a big guy (he has quite huge arms, deltoids to be precise) at that age, learning in a public space amidst residents walking pass every now and then. Kudos to him!

Guys at that age who cannot ride don’t usually master the skill of cycling because they are unable to face the pressure of ‘humiliation’. They cannot see past the fact that it is called the ‘learning curve’ process but instead imagine people sniggering at them as they struggle.

It is not a big deal if you know how to cycle. But somehow, it becomes quite a big deal if you can’t. Especially if you are male.

His friends were really sweet in my opinion, offering advice and encouragement along the way.

I hope he will be able to zoom around the neighborhood soon – on two wheels.

 

for this post

Leave a Reply